2014-06-10 - Whoopie <email@example.com>
rp-pppoe (3.11-0ubuntu1) utopic; urgency=low
[ Whoopie ]
* New upstream release (LP: #705880).
* debian/control: Add Build-Depend on ppp-dev.
* debian/rules: Specify "--enable-plugin" to get kernel
* debian/patches/08_delegate-ip-addresses.patch: Delegate the
allocation of IP addresses to pppd (LP: #705872).
* debian/patches/09_remove-ppp-plugin-path.patch: Remove plugin
path so that pppoe-server uses ppp's plugin directory.
* debian/patches/10_fix-in6.h-include.patch: Fix in6.h include to
get kernel PPPoE support.
[ Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak ]
* debian/rules: use dh_prep instead of dh_clean -k
* debian/copyright: use UTF-8 for the copyright sign
* debian/control: bump the standards version
2011-07-22 - Daniel T Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rp-pppoe (3.8-3ubuntu1) oneiric; urgency=low
* Tweak and apply patch by Igor A Tarasov to resolve pppoe-server not
honoring pppd's configured IP addresses. This patch adds a '-D'
(delegate) option, similar to pptpd's, that causes pppoe-server to
skip adding its own local and remote IP addresses to the pppd
command line, thereby allowing pppd to perform address assignment
properly. Thanks, Igor! (LP: #705872)
2007-04-17 - Andreas Barth <email@example.com>
rp-pppoe (3.8-3) unstable; urgency=low
[ Norman Rasmussen ]
* README.Debian updated to use the new method of starting ppp at boot
time. Closes: #274341
[ Florian Weimer ]
* Include source-address patch from Sven Geggus. Closes: #419677
[ Andreas Barth ]
* Merge patches & upload.
2007-03-10 - Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rp-pppoe (3.8-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Adopt package.
* Cleanup: use orig.tar.gz, remove odd Makefiles and obsolete, sync with
upstream, update debian/copyright. Thanks to Florian Weimar.
* Set CONNECT_TIMEOUT=0.
Closes: #159803, #222746, #251261, #320676, #222746, #230707.
* Ignore broadcasted PADO-packets instead of packets from non-unique source
address. Thanks to Stephane Louise <email@example.com> for detection
and the patch. Closes: #293811
2006-11-27 - Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rp-pppoe (3.8-1.1) unstable; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Hardcode path to pppd so that pppoe works even when there is no
pppd installed in the compilation chroot. Closes: #380584
2006-04-25 - Christian Hudon <email@example.com>
rp-pppoe (3.8-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Upstream incorporated different version of security patch for -D and -p
that drops priviledges for these options. Dropping Debian patch.
2004-09-29 - Christian Hudon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rp-pppoe (3.5-4) unstable; urgency=high
* Added patch by Max Vozeler <email@example.com> to ignore -D and -p
when pppoe is not running as root to prevent a potential root
compromise by users in group dip when pppoe is running setuid root.
[src/pppoe.c, CAN-2004-0564] Note that group dip is empty by default
on Debian installs.
2003-09-16 - Christian Hudon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rp-pppoe (3.5-3) unstable; urgency=medium
* Oops! pppoe should be installed setuid root, not setgid dip to close
bugs 102050 and 172376! Still installed without the execute bit for other, so
safe from a security standpoint, since group dip is empty by default.
* Remove debian/conffiles since debconf 4 creates it.