2018-01-10 - Peter Pentchev <email@example.com>
donkey (1.0.2-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Bump the year on my debian/* copyright notice.
* Bring up to compliance with Debian Policy 4.1.3:
- change the package priority from "extra" to "optional"
* Remove trailing whitespace in old changelog entries.
* Add "Rules-Requires-Root: no" to the source control stanza and
override the upstream Makefile's install(1) invocations.
* Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 11 with no changes.
* New upstream release: fix a mostly harmless GCC 7 warning.
2016-11-15 - Peter Pentchev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
donkey (1.0.1-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Switch various upstream and Debian URLs to the HTTPS scheme.
* Remove an obsolete exported variable from the rules file.
* Depend on debhelper 10 now that it's even in jessie-backports.
* Switch back to pgpsigurlmangle in the watch file; pgpmode=auto will
not detect a missing upstream signature file.
* Use the v4 substitution variables in the watch file.
* New upstream release.
2016-04-18 - Peter Pentchev <email@example.com>
donkey (1.0.0-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Declare compliance with Debian Policy 3.9.8 with no changes.
* Fix a spelling error in the 0.5-21 changelog entry.
* Point the Vcs-* fields in the control file and Repository fields in
the upstream metadata file to my full-source GitLab repository.
* Update the metadata Bug-Submit field to make it a mailto: URL.
* Give the "other" licenses in the copyright file unique names and
bump the year on my debian/* copyright notice.
* Update the watch file to version 4 and add pgpmode=auto to let uscan
discover the PGP signature by itself.
* New upstream release:
- drop all the patches and the donkey.1 manual page, integrated upstream
- remove the debian/* files to create the directories and install
the manual page.
- don't pass the installation directory any longer
- add libmd-dev or libssl-dev as build dependencies
- update the upstream copyright information
- let the watch file look for *.tar.xz, too
* Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 10:
- dh-autoreconf and --parallel are the defaults now
- override the Lintian debhelper version warning as it itself suggests
2014-10-24 - Peter Pentchev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
donkey (0.5-21) unstable; urgency=medium
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6 with no changes.
* Add the debian/upstream/metadata file.
* Add Multi-Arch: foreign to the binary package.
* Get the build flags directly from debhelper 9 and use dh_auto_*
properly, specifying our custom build directory. Thus, drop
the versioned build dependency on dpkg-dev for dpkg-buildflags.
* Add --parallel to the debhelper invocation (not that it matters a lot).
* Do not use the upstream "setup" script, just build in src/.
* Use dh-autoreconf and add the 03-autoreconf patch.
* Let uscan verify upstream's signature against my own key.
* Rephrase some sentences in the package's long description and
in the debian/donkey.1 manual page.
* Drop the README.Debian file - it merely repeats the long description.
* Drop the source compression options; dpkg-dev's defaults are good enough.
* Do not automatically build with -Werror, only if requested.
2013-09-12 - Peter Pentchev <email@example.com>
donkey (0.5-20) unstable; urgency=low
* Point the homepage and the watch file to the new devel.ringlet.net
* Build with large file support; there are actually no function calls
that use a file size or offset at all.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.4 with no changes.
* Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 9 with no changes.
* Update the copyright file's header to copyright-format/1.0 and bump
the year of my copyright notice.
* Drop hardening-includes, use dpkg-dev 1.16.1+ for hardening.
* Switch the source compression to xz, not that it really matters.