python-exam - Python module to help write better tests
||Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark)
||Ubuntu Universe i386
|| 45 B
Exam is a Python toolkit for writing better tests. It aims to remove
a lot of the boiler plate testing code one often writes, while still
following Python conventions and adhering to the unit testing
Aside from the obvious "does the code work?", writings tests has many
additional goals and benefits:
- If written semantically, reading tests can help demonstrate how the
code is supposed to work to other developers.
- If quick running, tests provide feedback during development that
your changes are working or not having an adverse side effects.
- If they're easy to write correctly, developers will write more tests
and they will be of a higher quality.
Unfortunately, the common pattern for writing Python unit tests tends
to not offer any of these advantages. Often times results in
inefficient and unnecessarily obtuse testing code. Additionally,
common uses of the mock library can often result in repetitive
boiler-plate code or inefficiency during test runs.
exam aims to improve the state of Python test writing by providing a
toolkit of useful functionality to make writing quick, correct and
useful tests and as painless as possible.
This package installs the library for Python 2.
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install python-exam deb package:
# sudo apt-get install python-exam
2017-07-07 - Scott Kitterman <email@example.com>
exam (0.10.5-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Team upload.
* Create DPMT git repository and refresh patches using gbp pq
* Correct Vcs-* fields in debian/control to point to the correct package
* Use correct substitution varial for python3-exam so python3 interpreter
depends are correctly generated (Closes: #867404)
* Let dh_python determine the mock depends (corrects issue where python-
exam incorrectly depended on python-mock instead of python3-mock)
2016-05-19 - Gilles Dubuc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
exam (0.10.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial release. (Closes: #825822)