2015-04-27 - Mats Erik Andersson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
netkit-telnet (0.17-40) unstable; urgency=low
* Bring in package changes from experimental to unstable.
* debian/rules: Add a variable LDDEFS. It is consumed during linking
and is intended to suppress unnecessary linking.
2015-03-09 - Mats Erik Andersson <email@example.com>
netkit-telnet (0.17-39) experimental; urgency=low
* Isolate support for USERVAR in a separate patch for easier use in
the variant package netkit-telnet-ssl. Add LANG and LC_* to the
list of environment variables acceptable by the server. Add support
in the client for exporting USERVAR classified variables.
+ debian/patches/120-some_protocol_refinement.diff: Updated.
+ debian/patches/124-support_uservar.diff: New file.
* Activate support for user variables in environment. The server
accepts USERVAR classified variables, and the user agent announces
non-standard named variables as USERVAR. Closes: #237268
+ debian/rules: Add '-DACCEPT_USERVAR' to CFLAGS and to CXXFLAGS.
* Modify patch for direct use also with package netkit-telnet-ssl.
+ debian/patches/130-drain_input_from_child.diff: Updated.
2015-02-06 - Mats Erik Andersson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
netkit-telnet (0.17-38) experimental; urgency=low
* Interchange maintainer and uploader!
* Refactor patch sets.
+ debian/patches/010-full_set_in_18.diff: Updated and renamed.
+ debian/patches/020-from_18_to_24.diff: Updated and renamed.
+ debian/patches/022-buffer_overflow_by_HOME.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/024-can_2004-0911.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/026-can_2005_0469.diff: New file.
* Repair broken host name check in telnetlogin.
+ debian/patches/140-telnetlogin_name_check.diff: New file.
* New switch '-N' for telnetd. Taken from netkit-telnet-ssl.
+ debian/patches/142-numeric_hosts.diff: New file.
* Suppress a useless error message at package removal.
+ debian/telnetd.postrm: Updated.
2015-01-22 - Mats Erik Andersson <email@example.com>
netkit-telnet (0.17-37) experimental; urgency=low
* Add Mats Erik Andersson as uploader.
* Migrate to format "3.0 (quilt)".
+ debian/source/format: New file.
+ debian/patches/010-full_set_in_18woody3.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/020-from_18woody3_to_29.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/030-reject_invalid_port.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/040-do_not_strip_programs.diff: New file.
+ debian/patches/045-avoid_unsetting_term.diff: New file.
* Upgrade to Standards 3.9.6, compatibility 9.
+ debian/rules: Implement targets "build-arch" and "build-indep".
* debian/rules: Implement hardening and cross builds, like netkit-ftp.
+ debian/patches/100-format_security_error.diff: New file.
* debian/control: Add "misc:Depends" to both packages.
* debian/telnetd.postinst: Make sure that inetd.conf exists before
greping for text in it.
* [lintian] Mixed complaints.
+ Delete leftover postinst.debhelper and postrm.debhelper.
+ Protocol notion name "dont" is legal; add lintian overrides.
+ debian/control: Expand extended description of both packages.
Remove outdated conflict with suidmanager.
+ debian/copyright: Include an explicit copy of the relevant license
"BSD-4-clause". Complement data on license holders.
+ debian/menu: Command is the physical executable, not the link.
+ debian/patches/110-markup_errors.diff: New file. Closes: #676258
+ debian/rules: Call dh_prep and dh_lintian.
* Improve protocol compliance and negotiation printout.
+ debian/patches/120-some_protocol_refinement.diff: New file.
* Incomplete transfer of data from server to client. Closes: #607415