2015-11-08 - Dave Vehrs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
podget (0.7.9-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream release
2015-10-04 - Dave Vehrs <email@example.com>
podget (0.7.8-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Dave Vehrs ]
* New upstream release
[ Francois Marier ]
* Convert debian/copyright to a machine-readable copyright file
2015-05-06 - Dave Vehrs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
podget (0.7.6-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Updated Debian Package.
* Updated Standards-Version to 3.9.6 in debian/control
* From this point forward, the Debian change log will only show changes that
are specific to the Debian package. Older entries are maintained as they
were at the time of release.
2014-09-08 - Dave Vehrs <email@example.com>
podget (0.7.3-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed spelling error reported by Lintian in debian/NEWS.
* Added NEWS file to Debian directory to trigger apt-listchanges to notify
the users that they need to update their configuration files. As this
change only affects the Debian package, we are only incrementing its
* Continued script cleanup.
* Added new function to remove temporary files when script exits.
* Added function to test local configuration and log file names.
2014-08-11 - Dave Vehrs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
podget (0.7.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix for --silent. It was outputting a single black line that needed to be
suppressed for verbosity < 1. Thanks to Willem for reporting it.
2014-08-10 - Dave Vehrs <email@example.com>
podget (0.7.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Converted unix2dos statement to a sed statement to reduce dependencies.
* Added exit statement after configuration files created with --create-config
to allow the user to adjust the files prior to any actual downloading.
(Thanks to Willem and our friends at Arch Linux).
* Added check to see if --create-config was issued with a filename that
is already in use. Exited with error that informs the user of their choice
to delete the old file or use a different name. (Thanks again to Willem).
* Updated check for PLAYLIST_NAME. (Thanks again to Willem).
* Added checks for NO_PLAYLIST.
* Updated MAN page. (Thanks yet again to Willem).
2014-08-08 - Dave Vehrs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
podget (0.7.0-1) unstable; urgency=high
* Modified configuration file format. Users will need to update their
configuration files before continuing use of podget. If older
configuration files are detected, podget will automatically exit.
* Code Cleanup. Worked to standardize variable naming, etc.
* Added 'SUFFIX' option to tag all new podcast filenames with a suffix
to make it easy to run subsequent scripts to modify the newly downloaded
files. For example, these scripts may use id3v2 to standardize the genre
of the files or use mp3gain to normalize the volumes.
* Enabled shell attributes for errexit, pipefail and nounset. These should
help to make a more robust and less error-prone script.
* Added findutils to the dependencies of the package.
* Added gawk or mawk to the dependencies of the package.
* Added libc-bin to the 'Suggests' of the package for the iconv binary.
2014-05-19 - Dave Vehrs <email@example.com>
podget (0.6.18-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Added new ability to handle authentication for premium podcasts by the
user adding a couple tags (USER: and PASS:) to the podcast description in
their serverlist file. Many thanks to Dan Rich and Stephen Michael Blott
for their ideas and suggested implementations. After mixing their ideas
with the need for backwards compatibility, we've come up with a solution
that needs more testing but hopefully will work for all.