clamav - anti-virus utility for Unix - command-line interface
||Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
||Ubuntu Main i386
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of
this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment
scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable
multi-threaded daemon in the clamav-daemon package, a command-line
scanner in the clamav package, and a tool for automatic updating via
the Internet in the clamav-freshclam package. The programs are based
on libclamav6, which can be used by other software.
This package contains the command line interface. Features:
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, Tar,
Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others;
- built-in support for almost all mail file formats;
- built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files
compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and
obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others;
- built-in support for popular document formats including Microsoft
Office and Mac Office files, HTML, RTF and PDF.
For scanning to work, a virus database is needed. There are two options
for getting it:
- clamav-freshclam: updates the database from Internet. This is
recommended with Internet access.
- clamav-data: for users without Internet access. The package is
not updated once installed. The clamav-getfiles package allows
creating custom packages from an Internet-connected computer.
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install clamav deb package:
# sudo apt-get install clamav