testkraut - test and evaluate heterogeneous data processing pipelines
||Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
||NeuroDebian Main i386
This is a framework for software testing. That being said, testkraut tries to
minimize the overlap with the scopes of unit testing, regression testing, and
continuous integration testing. Instead, it aims to complement these kinds of
testing, and is able to re-use them, or can be integrated with them.
In a nutshell testkraut helps to facilitate statistical analysis of test
results. In particular, it focuses on two main scenarios:
* Comparing results of a single (test) implementation across different or
changing computational environments (think: different operating systems,
different hardware, or the same machine before an after a software upgrade).
* Comparing results of different (test) implementations generating similar
output from identical input (think: performance of various signal detection
While such things can be done using other available tools as well, testkraut
aims to provide a lightweight, yet comprehensive description of a test run.
Such a description allows for decoupling test result generation and analysis
– opening up the opportunity to “crowd-source” software testing efforts, and
aggregate results beyond the scope of a single project, lab, company, or site.
- Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://neurodebian.ovgu.de/debian/ trusty main contrib non-free
- Install GPG key of the repository:
# sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu 2649A5A9
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install testkraut deb package:
# sudo apt-get install testkraut