microdc2 - command-line based Direct Connect client
||Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
||Ubuntu Universe amd64
microdc2 is a command-line based Direct Connect client that uses
the GNU Readline library for user interaction. It was developed from
ground up and does not depend on any other program. Despite the
command-line user interface, it was designed to be user friendly and
simple to use. It can work on headless host (under `screen`, for
instance) ant thus, doesn't require you to run an expensive X11
session, as other clients do.
microdc2 is currently in beta state - there may be many bugs not yet
discovered. It also lacks some features that other clients support,
such as file hashing, multiple hub connections, and hub list support.
Direct Connect protocol is used for P2P file sharing. See it's
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install microdc2 deb package:
# sudo apt-get install microdc2
2011-08-27 - Al Nikolov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
microdc2 (0.15.6-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed short description to omit the starting 'a' article.
* Updated Standards-Version.
* Dropped cdbs, relaying on DH7 now.
* Fixed CPU usage 100% in main loop. Closes: #612889.
* Fixed segmentation fault if logfile option set in config file.
* Added function to refresh share on demand. Closes: #612372.
* Added slave mode. Closes: #612890.
* Fixed minus signs in the manpage.
* Fixed debian/copyright to avoid lintian's false positive error
2010-01-15 - Al Nikolov <email@example.com>
microdc2 (0.15.6-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial release for Debian (Closes: #565461).